Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Blogz, The Mythz, The Legendz

It all started in late April, 2005. I (slyght) was working in the oppressive heat and humidity of southeast India, and the going was slow. When work was like this, I'd try to hide in the A/C and catch up on the news and some of my favorite blogs. I'd been in India 3 months and there was no end in sight. I was away from friends and family, and I wanted them to be as miserable as I was... er, I mean, I wanted them to see the strange and funny things I was experiencing there, so I decided to start a blog to keep them up to date... and nomadic tendencies, or NT for short, was born. It went well, people commented, I became addicted to getting traffic, and my high school buddies now had a way to keep in touch.

Eight months later to the date, The B-Town Boyz blog was born. The idea behind the BTBz blog is long and varied, reaching further back, even, than NT. Since we are from Bellaire, OH, the term "B-Town" seems to have evolved into our vocabulary, and the "boyz" part seems to have come from our significant others who collectively called us "the boys". Around mid-'04, several of the BTBz made a trip from Columbus, OH (C-bus) to Myrtle Beach. They threw around the idea of making a pseudo-PTI (Pardon the Interruption) webpage to discuss sports, more than likely in a drunken fashion (hence the working title of "Please Excuse The Intoxication" (PETI). The idea never really materialized further, but was modified into a blog that was authored by our close knit group of friends who share a lot of things in common and know just about everything about each other.

Last year at the fall race in 06, the BTBz helped to promote NT by mostly-drunkenly distributing NT business cards to anyone who would take them willingly or otherwise (btw, sorry if you found them in some really strange places.) That sparked the idea to create a NT/BTB promo card to hand out at future events. Chump came up with the idea to not only create a NT/BTB business card, but to also create a separate blog devoted specifically to our Bristol week adventures.

That led to The Bristol Experience. We (most of the BTBz) go to both the spring and fall race (I make it when I'm available which is MOST of the time), and camp, drink, party, and have a great time the whole week leading up to the race. This blog was created so you could share in our stories, and we could share in yours. We hope you join us and as we all enjoy the perpetual 1/2 mile ride.

2 comments:

J Ho said...

Actually, the PETI would have come to fruition. But we (T and I) had to include everybody else to keep everybody else happy.

slyght said...

ah, i didn't get that part o' the story. go for it guys. i ain't one to hold you back.