Friday, August 17, 2007

The Best Bristol Song EVER!

Wagon Wheel by Old Crow and the Medicine Show

Here's a great song that makes me think of Bristol every time I hear it, for a couple of reasons...

1. It's got a great folkish-country sound that really reeks of the music we listen to during Bristol week. I listen to lot of different types of music, from classic rock to rap, but somehow country just seems a natural fit at Bristol.

2. Near the end of the song, theres a literal reference to Johnson City, Tennessee, which if you've ever been to Bristol, you know J.C., TN is 1/3 of the Tri-Cities (along with Kingsport - thanks to slyght for confirming that for me).

3. The night following the spring '07 Busch race, myself (Chump) and JHo happened to be the last ones awake (or at least still out-n-about) when our camping neighbors decided to play this song on loop over and over. By the seven or eighth time, as the song wound down and was about to end, we hear someone from somewhere yell (and this isn't an exact quote), "If you play that F***IN' song one more F***IN' time, I'm going to shove that CD down your F****IN' throat!"

1 comment:

slyght said...

i like my women just a little on the trashy side.